Banner Good Samaritan/Phoenix VA Medical Center
Internal Medicine Programs
An Educational Innovations Project Program
Welcome to the Banner Good Samaritan Medical Center Internal Medicine Residency Program website. If you are an applicant to our program, please visit us at:
Bye Bye I: Drive
· On March 7th we will switch from using the I: drive to Sharepoint for check out sheets. This is in compliance with Banner’s policy for a secure and confidential way to store patient information. The I: drive will be deleted soon.
· Sharepoint can only be accessed through the Banner Intranet.
· To access, go to the home page in the left hand column and find the link “Departments”.
· Click this link and scroll down until you find BGSMC IM and click again
· If you are personally logged onto the computer you will automatically have access. If you are on a shared computer, you will be asked to enter your Banner username and password for access. Please let us know if you do not have access!
· From the Sharepoint home page, on the left hand side under Documents, click on Team check out sheets.
· From here you will be able to click on your team color and edit the sheets.
· If you want to upload documents that are beneficial to the team – articles, equinalgesic dosing charts, etc.- click on upload. Some folders and documents have already been moved from the I: drive for you.
· At the end of each month, please clean up and update your teams documents for oncoming residents.
Maria will be taking over as the Family Practice Residency Coordinator starting
on March 17th! We want to take this opportunity to wish her luck in
her new job.
· All requests for the remainder of the year need to be turned in to Maria by this Friday, March 7th by 5pm. Please understand, we may not be able to accomodate requests turned in after this time.
· Continue to check your clinic and back up schedules. We have several times in the upcoming months where we will be asking residents to cover for special events, even if you aren’t on back-up. Please help us make sure that you clinic schedules are correct.